[linux-pm] suspending to disk on FC6 not working

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 12:15:56AM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
 > Hi!

 > > > The system didn't power off, it returned to the shell. I attached dmesg.
 > >
 > > Pavel, it looks like we have a problem with the CPU suspend on this box:
 > >
 > > acpi acpi: freeze
 > > PM: snapshotting memory.
 > > Class driver suspend failed for cpu0
 > > Could not power down device &q->lock: error -22

That's an interesting device name.

 > > Some devices failed to power down, aborting suspend
 > > acpi acpi: resuming
 >
 > That looks like cpufreq/acpi, no?

Looking at drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq.c:cpufreq_suspend(),
There's only two ways we can fail that function. In one way,
we'll see a printk, and the other we silently -EINVAL.
Given the log doesn't show the printk, we must be failing here..

    cpu_policy = cpufreq_cpu_get(cpu);
    if (!cpu_policy)
        return -EINVAL;

cpufreq_cpu_get has a number of potential ways it could fail however,
and isn't very chatty about failing, so we've no real idea
what's falling apart there.

	Dave