[linux-pm] suspending to disk on FC6 not working

On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 22:15 +0200, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Monday, 25 September 2006 21:34, Louis Garcia wrote:

> > > Can you please try booting the kernel with init=/bin/bash, mount /proc,
> > > mount /sys, do "/sbin/swapon -a" and "echo disk > /sys/power/state"?
> > >
> > > Rafael
> > >

> > After the echo command the box turned off. The power button was not
> > blinking. I restarted it and went into grub,
>
> Did you append init=/bin/bash to the kernel command line after it had gone
> into GRUB?

No, first I booted with init=/bin/bash. Then I did the things you said,
When the box was off I booted normally. You saying I should append
init=/bin/bash before and after trying to suspend.

> > linux booted into bash.
>
> Had it been displaying a progress meter before the bash came up?

Never saw a meter before.

> > When suspend was working the power button flashed and when I pressed it
> > the box booted right into linux and the screensaver lock screen
> > bypassing grub altogether.
>
> That's because if you suspend "normally", some scripts run before the suspend
> that change your GRUB configuration and use the "platform" suspend method.
> However, the problem seems to be on much lower level and to debug it we need
> to bypass these things.

Yes, something in the kernel I assume. How do I debug this further?

> Greetings,
> Rafael

-Louis