[linux-pm] nokia 770 [was Re: community PM requirements/issues and PowerOP [Was: Re: So, what's the status on the recent patches here?]]

Hi!

> | > And if the only criteria for hardware-that-matters is hackability, then
> | > Nokia 770 can be flashed with your own kernel and rootfs. Check
> | > www.maemo.org
> |
> | I agree that Nokia is doing the right thing (tm) here (and
> | THANKS!). (Excluding charging circuity, but someone is going to fix
> | that). Unfortunately Motorola is not doing the right thing...
> ---
>
> Note that the 770 doesn't talk to a public network, over regulated
> frequencies and power ranges, and isn't constrained by, for instance,
> the GSM standards, and they're not constrained by the requirements
> of middlemen (carriers), so it's not really an apples-to-apples
> comparison.

Yes, 770 is in easier position...

> That said, I do respect the way they have been working directly in
> community projects.

...still, publicly downloadable SDK for userland software on
a1200/a780 would be nice. I do not think userland software can break
power levels/frequencies, so you should be okay, and symbian /
windowsCE certainly solved that problem before you...

To sum it up "it is nice that motorola uses linux, but you could do a
bit better".
								Pavel