[linux-pm] PowerOP, Intro 0/3

Hello Pavel,

On 8/26/06, Pavel Machek <pavel at ucw.cz> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > >Workable solution would be to create power domains, and group devices
> > >into power domains.
> >
> > what do you mean by power domain here? Is a power domain a set of
> > arbitrary chosen devices?
>
> Basically, yes. Set of devices, where power/frequency transitions need
> to be coordinated between them.
>
> > Do you think "operating point" operating with power domains and not
> > devices directly is an acceptable solution for your laptop? :)
>
> I guess it would be more like many different powerops for independend
> pieces of hardware. And yes, that should work.

okay, this is just another layer of indirection which can be added
later. Why not reach a consensus here that PowerOP is basically fine,
probably needing to have power domain concept added (though there
might be some disagreement, I guess) and, consequently, start
integrating PowerOP into the mainline?

Vitaly