[linux-pm] Voltage/power domain framework?

2006/8/27, Ikhwan Lee <ikhwan.lee at samsung.com>:
> Thanks for your note,
>
> > > I've seen quite a few discussions mentioning the necessity of
> voltage/power
> > > domain framework. Is there any project going on? I heard that there were
> > > some activities by Nokia, but I could not find any on the web.
> >
> > There isn't anything formal going on.  However; there is a loose
> > collection of folks working on the "operating point" patches with an eye
> > to defining a lower level interface to enable voltage/power/clock domain
> > framework's.
>
> I have been following the threads on both PowerOp and OpPoint; however, I
> never thought they would do the job of voltage/power/clock domain
> frameworks. The way I interpreted is that they _need_ the domain frameworks
> so that they could handle lower-level physics better.
OpPoint does not have any integration with voltage/clock framework
idea what is completely unaccepted considering the announced goals for
OpPoint.

Yes, clock/voltage framework is separate entity and PowerOP does not
do the job of clock/voltage framewrok because PowerOP is completely
different layer. But PowerOP is only a part of PM framework Matt and I
are proposing and PowerOP leverages clock/voltage framework as the
lowest layer in the PM framework - PowerOP sits on top of PM Core
while PM Core interacts directly with clock/voltage framework (please
see PM framework architecture picture overview in my patch set
postings).

Clock framework is implemented for omap1/2 arches and is utilized by
PM Core for omap in my previous posts of PowerOP.

Thanks,
Eugeny