[linux-pm] PowerOP, Intro 0/3

Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> The PowerOP Core provides completely arch independent interface
>> to create and control operating points which consist of arbitrary
>> subset of power parameters available on a certain platform.
>>
>> PowerOP Core upper layer interface provides the following capabilities:
>> - to register an operating point by passing an idenificator of the point
>> represened by a string and arbitrary substet of power paremeters available on a
>> certain platform by a string (parameter name) and value pairs.
>> - to unregister operating point by name
>> - to set operating point by name
>> - to get values of arbitrary subset of platform power parameters associated
>> this  a point (point is passed by name or NULL to get current parameter values
>> from hw)
>
> I do not think this can work in notebook world, sorry. You'll just get
> way too many operating points.
The only feature for notebook world currently presented in the kernel is
CPUFreq. CPUFreq PowerOP integration series I sent out for discussion is
intended to at least provide the same functionality for notebook world as
current functionality is. Did you glance at this series?

</personal> Pavel,
please stop removing original recipients from either TO: or CC: lists!
please, when you snip original message _do_not_ snip names of replied persons!
</end>
	Eugeny