[linux-pm] OSDL Power Management call 8/24/2006 8 a.m. Pacific

---

Well, OSDL is one of several groups formed to try to encourage
development in areas that its member companies prefer. OSDL has
topic-specific working groups, which consist of people from member
companies who are interested in specific technology areas. Those working
groups meet so they can educate each other, coordinate activity,
prioritize OSDL's activities on the specific topics, attempt to reach
consensus on the direction the members would like to encourage, and so
forth.

I'm not sure why you think it's outside "the standard process" to issue
an open invitation to community members to attend a WG meeting. I don't
think there's a lot of point to pretending that, just because kernel
contributions come from individuals, those individuals are independent.
You think Intel and Motorola and other companies with a growing stake in
the open source market don't have internal meetings to organize their
activity, as well as participating in groups like OSDL, CELF, etc.?

Regards,
scott