[linux-pm] So, what's the status on the recent patches here?

>                 Oppoint could replace large pieces of the cpufreq code
>         in the kernel, most notably the policy and governor code,
which I
>         believe belongs in user space in the power manager daemon.

I've not actually looked a CPUFreq implementation to know how all this
maps...

In general policy is better in user space and depending on your system
it might all live there.

However, when response time counts, it can be necessary to have a level
of algorithm be executed in kernel space.  Some might associate this
level with policy.

Cpufreq has both user and kernel space governess.  For sure the choice
of what govner to use, in which context it executes, and tracking of its
performance likely would be easiest in user space.

Regards,
Richard W.