[linux-pm] Dynanic On-The-Fly Operating points for PowerOP

Dave,

I think we need to focus on defining a powerop interface that will work
for all (or as close to all as possible) architectures and devices
types including embedded, laptop, server.   As discussed in previous
emails, some of the goals for powerop are:

- Architecture/board independent interface
- Integrate with clk framework (and a voltage framework in the future)
for SoC/Board register setting abstraction
- Provide a layer that knows the SoC and board specifics about
relationship between voltage and frequency and setting operating points
(we call it PM Core)
- Provide a clean interface to build on top of (for cpu freq governors,
etc).

I think we can defer the discussion around creation of op points from
userspace, suspend/resume integration and transition notifiers.  Once
we get the basics submitted we can add features piece by piece.

Rather than continue submitting different powerop patches I would
encourage you to join in the discussion about the interface.  I think
Eugeny's latest patches are pretty close to satisfying the points made
so far.  However, we are eagerly waiting feedback because there always
tradeoffs that need to be made when trying to satisfy the goals listed
above.

Thanks

Matt