[linux-pm] RFC -- updated Documentation/power/devices.txt

Hi!

Looks good to me. Few more nits (sorry for two separate mails, I was
in a hurry).

> Call Sequence Guarantees

This probably needs few less '-'s.

> suspending devices
> ------------------

Capitalize?

> pm_message_t meaning
> --------------------

Capitalize 'meaning'?

> The event codes are used to nuance the goal of suspending the device,
> and mostly matter when creating or resuming suspend-to-disk snapshots:
>
> PM_EVENT_SUSPEND -- quiesce the driver and put hardware into a low-power
>     state.  When used with system sleep states like "suspend-to-RAM" or
>     "standby", the upcoming resume() call will often be able to rely on
>     state kept in hardware, or issue system wakeup events.  When used
>     instead with suspend-to-disk, few devices support this capability;
>     most are completely powered off.

Previous paragraphs make it shound as if running DMA is allowed while
suspended. That's okay for PM_EVENT_SUSPEND...

> PM_EVENT_FREEZE -- quiesce the driver, but don't necessarily change into
>     any low power mode.  The driver's resume() will often be called soon.
>     Wakeup events are not allowed.
>
> PM_EVENT_PRETHAW -- quiesce the driver, knowing that the upcoming resume()
>     will restore a suspend-to-disk snapshot from a different kernel image.
>     Drivers that are smart enough to look at their hardware state during
>     resume() processing need that state to be correct ... a PRETHAW could
>     be used to invalidate that state (by resetting the device).  Other
>     drivers might handle this the same way as PM_EVENT_FREEZE.

...but not for PM_EVENT_FREEZE/PRETHAW. I guess it should be stated
here...
								Pavel