[linux-pm] suspend to RAM (embedded) ppc?

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Johannes Berg wrote:

> You may want to hold off working on this a bit and first ask BenH for
> his old patches that converted the pmu stuff to the generic thing but
> needed invasive generic stuff first.

Well, I started thinking about possible solutions for mpc824x by looking
at the only available sleep implementation for ppc in the kernel -
powermac. As was suggested I looked under drivers/macintosh. As an example
I took powerbook_sleep_grackle() (I think, grackle is also installed in
"blue and white" G3's, right?). There I see various calls to pmu_request()
with macros as parameters and some comments, so, most things can be
understood and mapped to another hardware (if still relevant under the new
power-management interface). But then come some things that I don't
understand:

		/* Ask the PMU to put us to sleep */
		pmu_request(&req, NULL, 5, PMU_SLEEP, 'M', 'A', 'T', 'T');

So, what exactly does this command do?

Next I'll dig the real low-level stuff

		low_sleep_handler();

I am already excited about getting my hands dirty with ppc assembly:-)

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski