[linux-pm] Behavior of PCMCIA based HCD in the event of SUSPEND

Hi all,

I have the following queries regarding the power management on a PCMCIA
based USB host controller driver.

1. The SUSPEND event in the PCMCIA client driver is handled in the
following way:

In the PCMCIA layer, on a SUSPEND event, the socket layer powers off the
card. As the USB framework behavior is not allowed to suspend if lower
nodes are not already suspended, we assume that the correct behavior for
the above case should be to shut down the Host Controller.
I want to confirm whether the assumed behavior is ok or should the
behavior be something else?

2. And if the correct behavior is what we had assumed, then to implement
that we call usb_remove_hcd from the PCMCIA client driver. Is this the
correct way to do so?
The reason for the question is it can happen that after suspending the
card, before resume card may be manually removed. In that case, there is
a possibility of usb_remove_hcd being called twice consecutively which
can cause error.
Please suggest if any better way of implementing the above.

Looking forward to you replies and thanks in advance

Thank you,
With Regards,
Kaustav Majumdar