[linux-pm] Powering down a device...

G'Day,

	I was directed here from the linux-omap-open-source mailing list.

	I am using an OMAP5912, and have been looking at what power savings I
get when using Deep Sleep (echo -n "standby" > /sys/power/state), and
noticed that there is no change in vmain.  I am hoping that turning the
Ethernet controller off before entering deep sleep will make a
significant difference, but I do not know how to do this.

	If I look in drivers/net/smc91x.c, there is already a suspend function
written, which apparently powers the device down.  I do not believe this
is currently being used anywhere, and I am not sure how exactly it is
supposed to be used to begin with.  I was hoping that someone here would
be able to give me some information on using device_driver->suspend()
functions.

	As an aside, is there anyone here who knows how to use Big Sleep in an
OMAP environment?  I have worked out how to configure it, but not how to
enter it.  As this is not an OMAP mailing list, I am not expecting
anyone here to know the answer to that one, but it cannot hurt to ask.

	Thanks for your time,

	Matthew