[linux-pm] Re: [RFC] Adding board access to struct pm_ops pxa_pm_ops

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 10:55:16AM -0700, Todd Poynor wrote:
> cc'ing linux-pm list.

And thereby breaking the etiquette, thanks.  For folks on linux-pm,
please drop the linux-arm-kernel cc:

> A cell phone maker has expressed interest in
> approximately the same thing, in their case to barely wake from suspend,
> update the time and other display info, check to see if they need to
> fully resume, and if not go back to suspend.
>
> A new optional pm_ops wakeup hook, called after the enter_state callback
> returns, that can veto resume and go back to call enter_state for the
> previous state should work, yes?  This hook would be intended for
> system-specific customization (should always be NULL in generic board
> support), and would avoid global access to pm_ops and the fragile
> process of inserting new routines into the suspend/resume callback
> paths.  I can float a patch for that if that sounds suitable.  Thanks --
> Todd

FYI I don't like the patch below - it makes working out what's going
on rather problematical.  Override the registered pm_ops completely
instead.  Don't fiddle with structures you don't own (thereby breaking
the modularity of the code) by making them global.