[linux-pm] Re: Suspend "core": what to do now ?

Hi!

> So I'm still sitting on that rewrite of the pmac suspend code including
> suspend to disk consolidation etc... that I would really like to get
> upstream. However, I'm still having a problem:
>
>  - I'm still adding all those callbacks to pm_ops, Patrick wants to get
> the stuff out of the core, which I agree, but I don't feel like "fixing"
> x86 neither :) Pavel wants to keep the existing stuff.

I'm currently on the "vacation" (lingvistic conference); away from
x86-64 machines. I'm likely to accept any solution that is not uglyer
than current situation, but you'll either have to convert x86{,-64}
yourself, or wait... probably until Ottawa. I'll be out next week, and
then probably overloaded with pushing my patches and getting Canadian
visa.

>  - If I keep my callbacks addition, we need to consolidate
> kernel/power/disk.c with kernel/power/main.c. I need all callbacks in
> both cases. The current inconsistency makes little sense.

Yep, disk.c/main.c separation makes little sense.

>  - I want that in 2.6.13 final, so please, let's decide something :)

Start getting x86-64 machine, then ;-)))))). Or force ppc into current
infrastructure somehow.
								Pavel
--
Boycott Kodak -- for their patent abuse against Java.