[linux-pm] Clock Policy Goes Where?

tony@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Well since they're needed for the system to work, I'd say low-level init
> of clock.c is where they need to be. Otherwise you cannot use clock.c :)

	Ah.  I was using arch_initcall() to setup the clocks, which is far too late
in the boot sequence.  Looking more closely at the OMAP support, I see their
clocks are initialized as part of the map_io vector in the ARM machine_desc
structure.  I'll go fix that.

> You probably have all the required clocks on already from bootloader. If
> they need to be on all the time, I guess you could just leave those clocks
> out of the clock.c. But depending on the hardware you may also want to be
> able to idle them.

	The Zodiac only has a 1500mAH battery in it, which we want to last as long
as possible between visits to the cradle, especially when we're,
"suspended."  So we need to be able to idle/spin down all unused clocks --
essentially turn off everything that's not actually in use.

	Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.

					Schwab