[linux-pm] Some thoughts on suspend/resume development

Hi!

> > It's Ben who sees the disadvantages; I was merely echoing his comments.
> > Maybe I should bow out at this point and let him speak for himself.  :-)
>
> Well, I've always had reliable STR without any kind of refrigerator on
> pmac, and I beleive that fast suspend is very important. (How many
> people just close the laptop lid and pack it up, possibly shaking it
> around even before the hard disk has parked).

Okay, so you do not have problem with refrigerator for STD. I agree
that STR is doable without refrigerator, and may even try it on i386
one day.

Just for the record I actually went for a walk with machine running
(playing mp3s through headphones) in my backpack, and notebooks seem
to handle it okay [with exception of compaq evo; that needed to bake
the disc afterwards. Amazingly, severe overhead actually *fixed* that
disk.]

								Pavel