Re: Some Alphas broken by f75b99d5a77d (PCI: Enforce bus address limits in resource allocation)

On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 12:41 PM Matt Turner <mattst88@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 8:30 AM Ivan Kokshaysky <ink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Wholeheartedly agree. In fact, changes to generic PCI code required
> > for proper root bus sizing are quite minimal now since we have
> > struct pci_host_bridge. It's mostly additional checks for bus->self
> > being NULL (as it normally is on the root bus) in the
> > __pci_bus_size_bridges() path, plus new bridge->size_windows flag.
> > See patch below (tested on UP1500). Note that on irongate we're
> > only interested in calculation of non-prefetchable PCI memory aperture,
> > but one can do the same for io and prefetchable memory as well.
>
> Thanks Ivan! The patch works for me as well.

Bjorn, what would you like the next step to be?

If the PCI bits are fine with you, I assume you'd like them to go
through your tree, etc? I'm perfectly happy to see the alpha bits go
through the same tree.