Re: PCIe hotplug resource issues with PEX switch (NVMe disks) on AMD Epyc system

On 17.12.19 17:30, Keith Busch wrote:
On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 02:54:06PM +0100, Stefan Roese wrote:
On 17.12.19 00:37, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
    - Boot with all four PLX slots occupied by NVMe devices.  The BIOS
      may assign space to accommodate them all.  If it does, you should
      be able to hot-remove and add devices after boot.

Unfortunately, that's not an option. We need to be able to boot with
e.g. one NVMe device and hot-plug one or more devices later.

That was also my suggestion, but not necessarily as a "solution". It's
just to see if it works, which might indicate what the kernel could do
differently.

I see, thanks. Right now, I don't have enough NVMe devices available to
do such a test. I'll add it to my list for tests that should be done
though.

Thanks,
Stefan