Re: Question about call to pci_assign_unassigned_bus_resources in amdgpu

On Mon, 2019-06-24 at 09:42 +0000, Koenig, Christian wrote:

> > Ok, Ill plumb it that way in my branch, I'll let you know when it's
> > worth testing. BTW. Which GPUs typically are affected ? I'm pretty
> > sure
> > my old R9 290 isn't :-) But I was thinking of upgrading so...
>
> Well in theory we have the functionality 10+ years now, but only
> activated it in all hardware versions recently.
>
> Polaris and Vega should definitely have it, older hardware most
> likely not.
>
> You can check the PCI capabilities and look for #15, if it's present
> then that should be supported.

Ok, well, we'll see if I decide to get myself a Navi when it comes out,
otherwise I'll rely on your testing :)

That said, I'm keen on having a discussion about our resource
assignment code at Plumbers with whoever can make it. The current
situation is rather horrible, it would be good to ensure at least that
we all understand and agree on what it's trying to do, what it's
actually doing, and what we want to do, which the more I stare at it
I'm reasonably sure are very different things depending on the
context...

Cheers,
Ben.