Re: [RFC v3 7/7] dmaengine: Add Synopsys eDMA IP test and sample driver

On 11/01/2019 19:48, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 07:33:43PM +0100, Gustavo Pimentel wrote:
>> Add Synopsys eDMA IP test and sample driver to be use for testing
>> purposes and also as a reference for any developer who needs to
>> implement and use Synopsys eDMA.
>>
>> This driver can be compile as built-in or external module in kernel.
>>
>> To enable this driver just select DW_EDMA_TEST option in kernel
>> configuration, however it requires and selects automatically DW_EDMA
>> option too.
>>

> Hmm... This doesn't explain what's wrong with dmatest module.

There isn't anything wrong with dmatest module, that I know of. In beginning I
was planning to used it, however only works with MEM_TO_MEM transfers, that's
why I created a similar module but for MEM_TO_DEV and DEV_TO_MEM with
scatter-gather and cyclic transfers type for my use case. I don't know if can be
applied to other cases, if that is feasible, I'm glad to share it.