Re: RFC on PCI Device Lock

On 9/4/2018 9:13 PM, Alex Williamson wrote:
Let me know if I misunderstood you. I'll again wait for test feedback first.
Yep, that's essentially it.  I assume we'd want to trickle this through
other interfaces and the hfi1 folks can look at whether they want to
drop their custom config save/restore in favor of using
pci_reset_function_locked(), which would do that for them.
pci_reset_bus() should also allow the caller to set a mask so vfio
doesn't worry about defaults changing in the core.  Thanks,
The testing was successful.

"--- Comment #15 from Dennis (dennis.dalessandro@xxxxxxxxx) ---
I have tested the two new patches applied on top of 4.19-rc1 and they seem to
be working as well."

Before I post the code on the list, I want to make sure I capture your
request correctly.

You are asking for more APIs to have the mask feature. I can add
slot and bus reset options to pci_reset_bus().

If there are other functions that need mask feature, we can deal
with them later as I want to focus on the regression short term.

Though, it would be good to enumerate the functions with needed masks
to start the conversation.