PCIe Page request Interface Query (PRI)

Hi All,

We have implemented the access control (ACS) for PRI request. If the BDF number of the PRI request is outside of the control window, the request will be dropped.

However, there is an requirement from PCIE spec 10.4, which says

Spec: 10.4 Page Request Services
A Page Request Message is a PCIe Message Request that is Routed to the Root Complex (see the PCI Express Base Specification) with a Message Code of 4 (0000 0100b). The mechanism employed at the RC to buffer requests is implementation specific. The only requirement is that an RC not silently discard requests.

My question on "The only requirement is that an RC not silently discard requests."

1) what is SW’s expectation in this case? Is hw expected to trigger an interrupt ?
2) any information to be logged anywhere into status register ?
3) What if there are back-to-back violations?

Regards,
Oza.