Re: [RFC] ARM64, PCIe, annd ACPI

Hi Lorenzo,

On 8/9/2018 8:41 AM, Lorenzo Pieralisi wrote:
On Thu, Aug 09, 2018 at 07:57:52AM -0700, Ray Jui wrote:

[...]

As I said ARM64 ACPI PCI kernel support is in the mainline today and I
am not willing to merge any more MCFG quirks at driver level - the
information is out there, it is public and must be followed, either
designers do that or no ACPI PCI support on your platform, sorry.

Lorenzo

I just want to make sure I interpret this properly. This means if
the PCIe controller hardware does not support ECAM, there's pretty
much no way around it with SW based workaround going forward with
mainline kernel?

Yes.

What about for the PCIe controller that was designed a few years back?

It will bootstrap with DT :)

Okay, one more quick question, what about for distributions that will eventually disable DT and force ACPI?

Thanks,
Lorenzo

Thanks,

Ray