Issue on replacement of celeron with amd

Hello,

I hope someone can help with the following interesting issue:
We have done a simple replacement in board of celeron chip with amd
geode, and expected everything to work the same. No other change been
made (exactly the same image including kernel and filesystem )

With the new chip (amd geode), which has the pcmcai issues,  the
following messages seems to indicate that something is wrong:

PCI: Using IRQ router default [1022/2090] at 00:0f.0
apm: BIOS not found. <<<-- although few lines above it shows "PCI: PCI
BIOS revision 2.10"
PCI: Guessed IRQ 14 for device 00:08.0
PCI: Guessed IRQ 5 for device 00:0e.0

I have also tried to compare the 2 dmesg files side by side.

Is it a bios issue (the "apm: BIOS not found" seems to indicate
something wrong in bios?) ?

Should I just upgrade the kernel and see if this issues is resolved in
later kernel (this is 2.4.20 kernel, yes I know that it is very old ,
but it is a legacy system)

Thanks for any hint on how to resolve this issue.
ranran