Re: ACPI: Do not call _STA on battery devices with unmet dependencies

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 05:03:55PM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The ACPI code already contains quite a bit of code to not bind the
> ACPI-battery until all deps for an ACPI battery device have been met,
> but on some devices calling _STA before all deps are met is a problem
> too because the _STA method uses an i2c OpRegion there.
>
> Here is the DSDT of the device I'm seeing this on:
> https://fedorapeople.org/~jwrdegoede/toshiba-click-mini-dsdt.dsl

This looks like interesting info, but (a) this link isn't mentioned in
the actual patches, and (b) it's conceivable that fedorapeople.org
could go away someday.  If this were a PCI series, I would suggest
opening a report at bugzilla.kernel.org, attaching the DSL there, and
including the link in the patch changelog.