PCIe RC AER/PME/HotPlug interrupt design

Hi All,

We are using a PCIe controller which integrate Root complex  and one Root port.
But I am not clear about the interrupt routing.

1. AER interrupt
PCIe base specification rev3.0  6.2.6 Error message controls has a Figure 6-3 which provides a conceptual summary in the form of a pseudo logic diagram for how  error Message are generated, logged, forwarded and ultimately notified to the system.  But I have a question, does it mean only INTx or MSI can be used for AER?  Can a platform specific interrupt be used for AER?

2. PME interrupt
 PCIe base specification rev3.0  6.1.6 describes Native PME software Model. It is clear that INTx or MSI can be used to trigger PME interrupt. but for Legacy PME Software Model, 6.1.7 said " informs system software through an implementation specific mechanism". Does it mean we can use a platform specific interrupt for PME?

Let me sum up, I want to know if a platform specific interrupt can be used for AER, PME, hot plug or only INTx/MSI can be used.

Any comments would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Minghuan