Re: PCI enumeration without a BIOS

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 4:00 PM, Wesley Terpstra <wesley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Yeah, everything seems mostly working.  The "invalid BAR" things
>> *could* be an issue -- those registers are not what the PCI spec says
>> they should be.
>
> The devices in question are:
> 04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
> RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)
> 06:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9230 PCIe
> SATA 6Gb/s Controller (rev 11)
>
> I am going to plug them in to an Intel machine with 4.11 and see if I
> get the same warnings.

What the devil! I just booted the riscv machine again and the
"Firmware Bug" warnings were gone. All the other warnings remain the
same.

I've tried to reproduce it, but I can't. It's possible that I got the
cards into a bad state from reprogramming my FPGA repeatedly with
sometimes bad firmware. After the cold start that made the warnings go
away, I can't get them back. I'm going to chalk those warnings up to
"only happens when exposed to a bad processor image".

Thanks again for your help.