PCIe hotplug

Dear Linux PCI support team

I need help !

We are using MTCA crate system with the Ubuntu Linux for an accelerator control system.

The hotplug is very important for us, as most the crates are installed in the tunnel.

For a long time the PCIe hotplug works fine, we use the following boot parameters:

"noacpi noapic clock=tsc acpi=off apic=off pciehp.pciehp_force=1 pciehp.pciehp_debug=1 pcie_ports=native"

After some point (seems after upgrading to kernel 3.x.x) we got problems (main problem is: the memories not remapped,

I mean: if I have some endpoint after removing and inserting back the memories are not remapped,

I know that I could not add new endpoint in running system, but it has to be possible to remove and insert back existing endpoint).

Now I am mixed out: what to use PCIe native hotplug or ACPI ..., I could not find any documentation about using PCIe hotplug

and how to configure.

Could somebody help me!

with best regards

Ludwig