Re: PCI: Revert "PCI: Add runtime PM support for PCIe ports"

Dear all,

the weird thing is also that when calling:

echo 0 > /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:01:00.0/d3cold_allowed
or
echo on > /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:01:00.0/power/control

on a command line then the command line crashes. The system stays responsive but still
becomes unresponsive when I lock the screen.

Maybe a similar thing are happening in the kernel. Maybe one could use the above fact
and a timeout to test for the problem and then take measures to deactivate the pm.

I hope this gives you some more clues.

Best regards
Kilian

PS: let me know which patches I should test. I am currently terribly busy with work. So if you would select the most urgent patches I would be delighted.