Re: Synopsys pcie driver question

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 2:03 PM, First Light <xiaoguang.chen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, Dear maintainers for sysnopsys pcie driver

Please always keep the mailing list in CC, so that you can have
response from wider audience.

> I have one question for this driver
>

> we are using synopsys PCIE IP in our platform,and I'm
> trying to use linux driver(drivers/pci/host/pcie-designware.c) to bring up
> this IP.
>
> but I met one issue which I cannot understand whether it is software issue
> or hardware issue,
> please help to clearify.  thank you very much!
>
> In pcie-designware.c, the interface to read config is dw_pcie_rd_conf
> function, below is part of the code:
>
> if (bus->number == pp->root_bus_nr)
> return dw_pcie_rd_own_conf(...)
> else
> return dw_pcie_rd_other_conf(...)
>
> this part of code checks if it is the root bus, if so, read own config
> registers, otherwise use DBF way to read configs from EPs.
>
> In our platform, we put one SSD device under bus0 device1. during
> enumration, when above software code try to read ssd's registers,
>
> it found the bus is 0, so it reads the RC's register, but not the SSD's
> register.

How do you know that when it tried to read bus 0, it was your SSD
device? That should always be RC.  Did you check if linkup was OK for
your endpoint device? Do you see "link up" in your dmesg?

> so our ssd is never enumrated.

Which host platform for designware do you use? Is that host driver in mainline?
Does other standard PCIe card work with your host?

~Pratyush