Re: trouble with PCI: Call pci_read_bridge_bases() from core instead of arch code

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 7:19 AM, Lorenzo Pieralisi
<lorenzo.pieralisi@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> By keeping the bridge old size while sizing the bridge if the new size
> is < old size (ie bridge never shrinks), we implicitly assume that upon
> first scan of the bridge apertures that are not claimed should be set to
> size = 0 (ie as Bjorn said the size should be irrelevant in that case
> because we are sizing the bridge to figure out what the size should be),
> otherwise we might end up triggering issues as this thread shows because
> the old size is always taken into consideration.

oh, we have patches that will ignore old_size in last retry.

Please check

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/yinghai/linux-yinghai.git
for-pci-v4.3-next

exact patches should be:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/yinghai/linux-yinghai.git/patch/?id=e8539db0a669fc076ac50800e274af165ce3c5fe
PCI: Treat optional as required in first try for bridge rescan

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/yinghai/linux-yinghai.git/patch/?id=a7a2e984194a051e77b88f59e2db030dd4d99e64
PCI: Get new realloc size for bridge for last try

Thanks

Yinghai