Re: Patches to linux-pci - against which git tree?

Hello Kevin,

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 4:03 PM, Kevin Wilson <wkevils@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
> Against which git tree are patches which are sent to this mailing list
> (linux-pci) being prepared?

When I apply PCI patches, I put them on topic branches based on -rc1
or -rc2 of Linus' tree.  Then I merge those branches into my "next"
branch, which is what gets pulled into the linux-next tree.  The
"next" branch is what eventually gets merged into Linus' tree during a
merge window.

You can see my tree at
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/helgaas/pci.git/?h=next

Right now, we're in the middle of the v4.2 merge window, so my
"master" branch is still at v4.1-rc2.  I applied all the PCI patches
intended for v4.2 on branches based on v4.1-rc2.

After v4.2-rc1 is tagged, I'll advance my "master" branch to that, and
I'll start applying patches intended for v4.3.

Bjorn