MRL Sensor or Attention Button event and hotplug scripts

Good morning,
I have an ATCA systema with a PCIe endpoint card.
I need to stop applications from running everytime i remove the PCIe
endpoint before remove event occurs.
For that task I have 2 hot-add events a MRL Sensor event and the
PRESENCE OFF event.
At the moment with the hotplug scripts (.rules files) I can configure
the behaviour of remove procedure using the "remove" tag. I dont know
if there is  the possibility to use the same script (and which tag)
for the MRL Sensor event.
In addiction, is it better to use the MRL Sensor event or the
Attention Button for this purpose?
Thanks,
Ricardo Fortuna Carvalho