Re: Regression: bug 85491: radeon 0000:01:00.0: Fatal error during GPU init

On 12/24/2014 03:29 AM, Yinghai Lu wrote:
On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can you do this so it clips to any upstream bridge, whether it's a host
bridge or a PCI-to-PCI bridge?  It doesn't seem like this has to be
specific to host bridge windows -- any device below a PCI-to-PCI bridge has
to use address space forwarded by that upstream bridge.

ok, please check attached v2.

I wish this were in generic code.  There's nothing architecture-specific
about the problem, but this patch only fixes things on x86.  Can you make a
similar change in the corresponding code for other arches, as well?

ok, later after x86.

Thanks

Yinghai

I checked (only) v2 of your patch on versions 3.18.0 and 3.18.1. The result of both versions is that booting stops with kernel panic. I don't how to get the full log (there is nothing in journalctl and dmesg after booting some working kernel - maybe if you can give me some hint what to google) so I will attach photo of screen to the bugzilla issue.

Marek