Re: Regression: bug 85491: radeon 0000:01:00.0: Fatal error during GPU init

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 8:37 AM, Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> pci=realloc should workaround the problem, as it would take control of
>> the bridge mmio BAR, and allocate more range for mmio pref under it.
>
> I don't think pci=realloc is the answer because
>
>   1) It's a poor user experience.  We should be able to handle this
>      automatically, without asking the user to do anything.

we can detect that when bridge support 64bit mmio pref, and reject
child device pref that only
support mmio pref non-b64bit.

>   2) It puts the radeon framebuffer in the non-prefetchable window, and we
>      should be able to keep it in the prefetchable window.

clear bridge 64bit flags if all children does not support that?

even that slot supports hotplug.

Yinghai