Re: SATA AHCI controller detection during PCI enumeration

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 7:56 PM, Murali Karicheri <m-karicheri2@xxxxxx> wrote:
> All,
>
> I have a board with PCI controller connected to a Marvell AHCI controller,
> 88SE9182 connected to a PCIe bus and the PCI scan doesn't show up the SATA
> end point. My question is in order to detect the EP,
> is it expected to have a hard drive connected to the SATA port?

No

> Currently with and without the SATA connected, the PCI scan doesn't
> show up the device. Also is there any other requirements at the
> hardware level to detect this SATA controller.

Does this PCIe2SATA card work with standard PC?

I do not know about this Marvell controller, but I remember one
silicon image controller which worked with only Gen1 host port.
You may ask card vendor if there is any such limitation.

~Pratyush