updating firmware with setpci ?

Hi Everyone

I hope i have understood the documentation and I am basically in the right place.

I repair circuit boards used with scientific instruments. I have several PCI cards that I believe are functioning properly otherwise but a driver for them cannot be loaded under windows.

Can I use lspci to retrieve header information from a healthy card and then write this to another card using setpci ?

The -m option speaks about machine readable but it still looks like plain text to me. Will setpci take this and write it as binary to another card ?

If anyone could help I would really-really appreciate this, I don't have much money right now and this job will really help if I can complete it.

Thanks for reading-Patrick