Re: Fixing PCIe issues on Armada XP

Jason,

On Thu, 10 Apr 2014, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

I took your attached patch and extended it a bit to print out how
long it took. The delays also need to be much longer for me. I also
fixed a small typo you made where the bit wasn't being set again to
bring the link back up. I've attached the diff to your patch, as
well as the combined patch (hope that makes sense).

Just to be clear you tried this alone without the above?

Yes I did.

Thanks for fixing the patch, I think it also confirms the theory.

No problem!

IMHO, both approaches are required.

The first prevents messing up the PEX as was left by the bootloader

The second allows the driver to startup a PEX that wasn't enabled by
the bootloader, and recover from clock gating in the kernel (eg the
modular case)

Both seem valuable..

Ideally I'd like to see the clk driver turn off the PEX PHY when it
gates the clock, but I have no great idea how to accomplish that sort
of cross register space adventure...

Thomas, if we can figure out how to properly do __clk_is_enabled I
can probably send a proper patch?

Let me know when you do and I will test it and add my Tested-by.

Thanks,
Jason

Cheers,
Neil