Re: Fixing PCIe issues on Armada XP

Thomas,

On Thu, 10 Apr 2014, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:

Can you test this stack of patches on your system and configuration, and
let me know if that works for you? Of course, please do not include any
other PCI related fix: the goal is to be aware of *all* the issues, and
fix them in mainline.

I have tested this branch on my Mirabox. I still get the link up problem but if I work around that (see below) the igb driver works flawlessly.

Tested-by: Neil Greatorex <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Remaining issues:

* The link up problem. Unfortunately, I tried to reproduce it today,
  and didn't manage to. It's weird, because I'm sure I was able to
  produce it in the past, but I'm no longer able to, I don't know.
  Therefore, it's not easy for me to work on this topic. Neil, Jason,
  do you think this is a topic you could potentially handle?

Do you have earlyprintk enabled? I've found that if I have earlyprintk in my bootargs / command line then I don't get the issue. I assume that is because of timing, but it could be something else?

Cheers,
Neil