Re: Memory mapping of config space of pcie devices

On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 11:32 AM, shiv prakash Agarwal
<chhotu.shiv@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> How devices config spaces are mapped to host memory?
> Is it being handled by core driver? I could not locate.

The PCI core does not map config space into memory.  That's not even
possible for the legacy config access methods, e.g., using I/O ports
0xcf8 and 0xcfc [1].

If you're wondering about how Linux uses ECAM, that's mostly in
arch/x86/pci/mmconfig*.  That code does ioremap the ECAM area into
kernel virtual space, but only for access via pci_read_config_word(),
pci_write_config_word(), etc.

Bjorn

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_configuration_space#Software_implementation