questions: second of the 2 pcie controllers does not scan the bus.

Hi,
I am working with an Soc with multiple PCIE controllers.
I need to have 2 configured properly.

In uboot I have no problems scanning and discovering what is connected to both controllers/PCI bridges.
PCIE1 :
PCIE2:

For both PCIE1/2 uboot sets up the Primary, secondary and Subordinate bus numbers to 0,1,1 respectively.

When linux boots up and probes the controllers, PCIE1 is probed and the bridge scanned properly but PCIE2 is probed at the bridge but not attempted a scan.
I see this message
"pci 0001:02:00.0: bridge configuration invalid ([bus 01-01]), reconfiguring
"

I updated uboot to set the secondary and subordinate numbers to 2 (left the primary number to 0) and a subsequent kernel boot scanned the bus for PCIE2 successfully. I found these numbers to be very critical since the device tree blob (bus-range) for pci is also based off these.

I'd like to get a good fix and get better understanding of the problem. If there are any pointers someone could provide it would be awesome.

Thank you
Regards
Ruchika

--