Re: [Ilw] Intel Wireless 7260 hardware timed out randomly

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 7:42 AM, wzyboy <wzyboy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, I've got some good news. Here is what I did today:
>
> boot up laptop -> do the sysfs trick -> start downloading a big file
> to benchmark it -> several minutes later the bug occurs -> reboot my
> laptop to recover -> do the setpci trick -> start downloading a big
> file to benchmark it -> more than 5 GiB downloaded (at ~ 2.3 MiB/s)
> and everything works fine!

encouraging. Thanks.
I just wonder... the patch I sent was supposed to tell the HW not to
use L1. So I would have hoped it would have helped in the same way?
After all, L1 is a handshake between the device and the bridge, so
that if the device doesn't initiate / refuses to go into L1, I'd
expect it to have the same effect as disabling L1 in the ASPM register
PCIe config space?
Obviously I am wrong though.

> Here are the output of lspci -vv after running two "setpci" commands.
>
> There is also a screenshot of ThinkPad X240s HMM, showing how the
> wireless card is connected to the motherboard. In this figure #10 is
> the Wireless LAN card. It is connected to the motherboard with Intel's
> NGFF connector.
>
> I will continue downloading big files to benchmark it.

Thanks