Re: Resource assignment oddities

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 7:54 AM, Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What exactly is the problem here?  Is it just that you don't want to
> see the "can't assign" messages?  Or is there a device with a BAR that
> *should* be assigned, but isn't?  If so, which device is it?

We try must+optional as first, then if there is any ioport or mmio fail
we will stick to must only then extend must to meet optional.
but mmio range and mmio-pref could be connected each other,
so extend will fail...

problem here, some root bus will not have ioport range, so it will always have
ioport allocation fail.

looks like right fix for v3.9 should be as attached patch.
it will keep must+optional for mmio, if only ioport fails....

Yinghai