Re: 2013 Linux Plumbers ACPI/PM, PCI Microconference proposal call for participaton

On Thu, 2013-04-18 at 15:52 -0600, Myron Stowe wrote:
> All:
>
> We would like to hold a combined ACPI/PM, PCI focused microconference
> as part of this year's Linux Plumbers conference but first we need to
> show that there is enough interest and material that needs covered.
>
> There is a lot of activity in these subsystems so please respond by
> submitting presentation or discussion proposals that you would be
> willing to cover for consideration (respond to this mail on the
> linux-pci list for tracking purposes please).  You should also feel
> free to submit ideas as proposals that others could cover.  This is
> the "Plumbers" conference so topics concerning userspace interaction
> with the kernel and not just topics concerning pure kernel subsystem
> internals would be greatly welcomed.

A few PCI discussion topics:

PCI secondary bus resets - How to avoid surprise hotplugs and/or how to
re-architect the device reset interface.

pci_is_pcie() - Not just for PCIe capabilities?  How to handle
non-compliant PCIe devices that don't expose a capability.

I/O port pci-sysfs resource files - Fix or remove?

Thanks,
Alex