Re: lspci -k is broken with depmod from kmod since it doesn't generate modules.pcimap anymore

On 01/04/13 16:46, Martin Mares wrote:
Hello!

I'm looking into that. Expect a pciutils patch soon.

Please check the current version in git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/pciutils/pciutils.git

Looking up modules using libkmod should be fully supported.

				Have a nice fortnight

I spotted two possible problems with the commit

First, $PKG_CONFIG is not respected and call to pkg-config is hardcoded, this is likely to break cross-compiling

Since kmod is optional even in systemd source tree, and module loading is optional in the kernel, some embedded Linux users likely wants to enable/disable libkmod at will, for this there should be a ./configure flag of some sort

Thanks for your work!

- Samuli