Re: Dell Vostro 3550: pci_hotplug+acpiphp require 'pcie_aspm=force' on kernel command-line for hotplug to work

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013, Martin Mokrejs wrote:

> > I thought the only card with a problem was the USB3.0 card.  But here
> > you suggest that there *is* a problem with the SATA and Firewire
> > cards.  Can you describe that problem in one sentence?
>
> One sentence? No. ;-)
>
> None of the cards works when 'nousb' and while are disabled USB
> devices in BIOS (which can be altered at all, don't know whether that really
> disables all USB in BIOS or not, hence I used the 'nousb' to be sure).

Martin:

I don't know about Bjorn, but I find it very difficult to work on more
than one bug at a time.  Since your low-level PCI hotplug problems
seem to be more fundamental than the USB problems, I'll wait until the
PCI part is under control before trying to contribute.

Alan Stern