Re: pciehp: errors on resume

On 01/29/2013 06:35 PM, Paul Bolle wrote:

> Gu,
>
> On Tue, 2013-01-29 at 10:10 +0800, Gu Zheng wrote:
>> I think cause of the issue you mentioned is the device already exists when we resume.
>> Because we do not really suspend/remove the device when suspend, the device still exists, so
>> we try to add the device when resume will failed. The suspend routine does not match the resume,
>> it seems a bug here.
>
> Thanks. So should the fix here be to actually suspend and remove this
> device? (Note that pciehp_suspend() is now basically a NOP.)

Hi Paul,
	The resume routine should handle all possible situations here. As Rafael said,
in some cases there's no way to tell the difference between "internal" and "external".
If this problem seriously disturbs you, you can avoid this feature. But the better way is
reporting a bug report on the bugzilla, it can call more developers to fix this issue.

Thanks,
Gu