From: Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Ksummit-2012-discuss] PCI breakout session
To: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ksummit-2012-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ben, do you have any sort of agenda worked up?  I thought I saw some
topics earlier, but I can't find them now.  Here's my list:

  - Host bridge hotplug
  - Hotplug core rework
  - pseries unification, window alignment
      - pcibios_align_resource() vs pcibios_window_alignment()
  - VFIO for KVM (including powerpc)
  - Dynamic resource assignment
  - SR-IOV
      - Static vs. dynamic
      - Configured via driver or core
      - User-visible names
  - Candidates for unification
      - ECAM/MMCONFIG
      - Domain support
      - NUMA node support
      - struct pci_bus.ops
      - MPS config
      - Unassigned BAR detection
      - res->parent usage
      - Claiming BAR resources
      - Core host bridge scan routines
  - Current issues
      - MPS config for hot-add
      - pci_fixup_irqs() for hot-add
      - dev->bus->devices management for SR-IOV

It would be good to have some more details along with the topics to
help get discussions started.  I'll try to put some together, but for
a lot of these topics, I don't know enough even ask good questions.

My current notes are here
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1JctUZJQETqGUJIh757YOzLglOmWhS5KYqrQ4VrfUdbw/edit
if anybody wants to comment or add details (right now it's basically
just the info above).

Bjorn