Re: Issue in Documentation/PCI/pci.txt file

+linux-pci

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 8:38 PM, Mahendra Ladhe <lml108@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Grant,
>      the Documentation/PCI/pci.txt file in Linux kernel sources has the
> following line at line number 335.
>
> Also see pci_request_selected_regions() below.
>
> But after this line, there is absolutely no mention of
> pci_request_selected_regions API in the remaining document.

hi Mahendra,
Good catch! Thanks for pointing this out.

For now, you can take a look at the comments and examples of use when
this function was introduced:
    http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0606.0/1167.html

> Could you please rectify this?

I've not looked at the core PCI code in quite a while and I expect
additional updates are needed. Anyone interested in working on
updating pci.txt?

If not, I can add something about why one should use
pci_request_selected_regions() instead of pci_request_regions().

cheers,
grant